15 April 2010

Kittens!


at home, Thursday afternoon

I was washing dishes today when I heard something unusual from outside the window. Kittens! Squealing kittens, tiny tiny meaows. Some neighbours were present, wondering what should be done with them. The mother cat was following the situation very closed from a few meters. (I hope they didn't give the kitties any harsh verdicts. I am a cat person, you see. I'd prefer them to be left alone.)

This was no miracle as the cats in our yard have been fighting and mating fiercly for weeks day and night waking up the whole neighbourhood. There is something peculiarly funny about the sounds of some cats having a fight in our yard. Maybe it's the sudden change in the dynamics. The nonintentional comedy. Some of them just have to most hilarious voices, accents or what ever you could call them.

I didn't have the chance to take a close-up picture of the kitties so here's a picture roughly pointing to their direction. With a tulip (it's the Tulip Festival time, more on that later).

No comments:

Post a Comment